Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

YOU DID IT SMC!!!!

I am thrilled to report that at Tuesday night's meeting our grand total for our hat drive was . . . . . . wait for it . . . .  drum roll please . . . . .  . 700 HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all amazing!!!  I want to send out a special thank you to Colonial Jewelers, Uno's, Two Rivers Yarns, the Frederick and the Brunswick Senior Centers, and our friends in Laurel MD that made hats for us.  And I want to say THANK YOU to all of you, the members of SMC.  You all made my crazy goal of 500 handmade hats a reality and blew me away with your generosity and willingness to go above and beyond.  Here are a few pictures from Tuesday and our new Goal Chart.

The hats I counted out Monday night before the meeting.  There are 559 hats here.

 A close up of the pile of hats at Wegman's with the numbers climbing!

Those members who were able to go standing behind all of our hats.

A very proud club president with two large grocery carts filled with bags of hats!!


No comments:

Post a Comment